Friday, 15 March 2013

Red Raw Thumbs

I know it's hard but nobody told me about this!

The skin on my thumbs has turned red raw from cycling in the cold. And nope, you can't see it on this picture and yes, I have been wearing gloves, I'm not a maniac for goodness sake. Nobody told me about this when I signed up to this cycling in winter malarky! 

As you all seem to be blissfully unaware of this horrific ailment one can get from cycling in adverse weather conditions, I guess I'll have to be the one to warn you all about it... SO COUNT THIS AS YOUR WARNING!

I have had to purchase soothing baby bum butter lotion to nourish my pitiful injury and recover my skin back to the softness of my baby years. I'll let you know once I have made a full recovery.

In the meantime....stay strong.

3 comments:

nilling said...

I wear silk liners, cheap ones off eBay, and my mitts are toastie! #staystrong

The Ranty Highwayman said...

And I thought winter was over. Yellow waterproof trousers for the first time this year!

Karl McCracken (@KarlOnSea) said...

Sounds like chilblains - I got them on my toes last year. So this year I'm riding with over-shoes.

You need really good gloves - when it's cold I wear skiing gloves; when it's *really* cold I wear skiing mittens; when it's *really, really* cold, gloves underneath these.

Post a Comment