Monday, 23 January 2012

Cycling with a little boost

Remember when I mentioned that it we should build a bike ramp over the Thames instead of cycling over the congested, dangerous bridges? Well, I've found just the cycling machine to help us fly across...







These two-wheeled rocket beauties are courtesy of my favourite #letswastetimeatwork website, Retronaut. Taken between 1929 - 1951, these pictures made me curious to see if rocket bicycles have made it to the 21st century. So I did a google search, after all it would be nice to have a choice in the morning of riding one when my legs don't feel up to pedalling....Or to be able to click a button and get a mighty boost to overtake those bad boy Bromptons (aka mini wheeled divas) in retaliation for overtaking me every single day.

Shockingly,  I came across my arch-nemisis JEREMY CLARKSON riding one. I don't want to ruin your day so I haven't posted him on here, thank goodness. After a breather and some reassuring non-clarkson pictures of Lance Armstroung, I was ready to continue my quest and I managed to find this super rocket bicycle driver #coolerthannutella:


Sadly, I couldn't find one for sale, so back to using porridge fuel instead of kerosene for me then!


No comments:

Post a Comment