Tuesday, 12 July 2011

The Future is cardboard...

When a friend sent me this link the other day, I was really excited. It’s a helmet made from cardboard! I never thought that putting a box on my head would be so protective, but here it is, the ‘Kranium Helmet’.

Picture reference: dvice.com

Apparently cardboard has overtaken polystyrene in the race to protect our heads when cycling. It boasts to 'absorbing 4 times the amount of energy’ of regular helmets.

This will long solve the ongoing argument I have with a friend about the safety of cyclists on Boris Bikes without helmets. She thinks helmets should be compulsory and accessible to all bike renters, I don’t (I’m a rebel). But if there was a vending machine with these folded up wonders neighbouring a docking station, then it would mean everyone has the opportunity to cycle safely at the spur of the minute. Although what happens when it rains...?

Check out the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment